CoolSculpting bra fat is a non-surgical procedure that refines the contours of your back without the need for surgery. CoolSculpting eliminates unwanted fat from around the bra lines creating a sleeker appearance.
- 1 What is CoolSculpting?
- 2 Before and After Photos
- 3 CoolSculpting Bra Fat in Southern California
- 4 What Causes Bra Fat?
- 5 Benefits of CoolSculpting Bra Fat
- 6 Candidates
- 7 Your Private Consultation with Dr. Aggarwal
- 8 Safe Preparation
- 9 Your Procedure
- 10 Healthy Recovery
- 11 Satisfying Results
- 12 How Much Does CoolSculpting Cost in Los Angeles?
- 13 FAQ
- 14 References
What is CoolSculpting?
Everyone should integrate a healthy diet and exercise into daily life. But even if you maintain a smart diet and a dedicated workout routine, stubborn fat can remain. Unfortunately, we can’t choose where our bodies store excess fat. Plus, diet and exercise can’t always target specific locations. Some patients may be able to maintain healthy body weight but still find themselves unable to work off fat in certain areas. Not everyone wants surgery. Others may want to supplement weight-loss surgery. For patients that want to reduce that stubborn fat that refuses to disappear, CoolSculpting offers a great solution.
Dr. Vinay Aggarwal ranks as one of the world’s leading experts on CoolSculpting. Self Care LA stands out as one of just seven locations that worked with the manufacturer to develop protocols for new techniques. Dr. Aggarwal dedicates himself to the art of applying cutting-edge technology to shape beautiful results for his patients. If you’re curious about CoolSculpting, schedule a consultation with Dr. Aggarwal. Reach out to Self Care LA at (310) 856-9583. Keep up to date on the latest procedures on the Self Care LA blog.
Before and After Photos
CoolSculpting Bra Fat in Southern California
Bra fat, also called back fat or “bra bulges,” is the fat located around the upper back. This undesirable plumpness often bulges when wearing a bra. Bra fat often defies a stringent diet and industrious exercise because fat (adipose) cells are formed during childhood and adolescence. Adults rarely develop new fat cells. CoolSculpting takes advantage of this dynamic by permanently reducing the total number of fat cells in a given region.
CoolSculpting offers patients an FDA approved treatment for targeted fat removal. CoolSculpting procedures are non-invasive, which makes them desirable for many patients who want to avoid liposuction.
Studies conclude CoolSculpting is a safe and effective procedure that sculpts and recontours your body. CoolSculpting applicators come in a variety of shapes and sizes that ensures the precision required to work on different body regions and body types.
What Causes Bra Fat?
- Unhealthy diet – a high sugar, high carbohydrate diet with a lack of physical activity
- Lack of exercise – doctors recommend 2 ½ hours of fitness activity per week for health and weight management.
- Lack of sleep – increasingly linked to weight gain
- Changing hormones – menopause or other life changes contribute to weight gain
Benefits of CoolSculpting Bra Fat
- Offers proven fat loss in a safe, FDA approved format
- Recontours the shape of the body to achieve desired results
- Focuses on specific areas that contain unwanted fat
- Reduces fat cells permanently in the stubborn region
- Requires minimal preparation and recovery time
- Refines appearance to showcase the results of diligent exercise
Good candidates for CoolSculpting maintain stable body weight yet still see unwanted bulges or rolls they can’t work off. CoolSculpting may be a great option for patients after they’ve lost the bulk of their excess weight. Candidates for CoolSculpting should have realistic expectations. CoolSculpting is not a treatment for obesity or significant weight loss. CoolSculpting should not be attempted for patients that suffer from conditions such as paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria, cold agglutinin disease, and cryoglobulinemia. Make sure to mention any other conditions or allergies to Dr. Aggarwal so he can determine if CoolSculpting would benefit you.
Your Private Consultation with Dr. Aggarwal
Dr. Vinay Aggarwal and his Los Angeles-based practice, Self Care LA, are regionally recognized and one of Southern California’s hottest spots for CoolSculpting. Dr. Aggarwal has been a proponent of CoolSculpting since before it was cool, which is why Self Care LA is a CoolSculpting Center of Excellence recognized with Diamond level status. CoolSculpting has recently become wildly popular because it offers non-invasive body contouring and non-surgical fat removal. But don’t just go anywhere for your CoolSculpting session! Go to one of the top CoolSculpting practitioners in Los Angeles at Self Care LA.
CoolSculpting comes with some great features including its non-invasive nature. You don’t have to worry about taking weeks off work when scheduling CoolSculpting. For the most part, you will just carry on with your normal routine. Make sure to follow any instructions Dr. Aggarwal provides.
Expect a comfortable procedure when you come to Self Care LA for CoolSculpting.
Developed by two Harvard doctors, CoolSculpting uses a process called cryolipolysis. Cryolipolysis involves using cold applicators to literally freeze fat cells. Freezing the fat cells sends them into a process called programmed cell death. Because adults have a finite number of fat cells, these frozen fat cells never return. Cryolipolysis effectively limits the number of fat cells in the treated location. The methodical elimination of cells through cryolipolysis is called apoptosis. Apoptosis leads to a gentler process than other techniques. It takes either several weeks or a few months for the cryolipolysis to show results. Due to the nature of the CoolSculpting process, you can’t expect immediate results.
Self Care LA’s CoolSculpting process
- We will assess the target area. The treated region will be marked to guide the applicator.
- A gel pad placed areas around the bra ensures a smooth and even connection with the applicator.
- A medical professional will connect an applicator to the selected region. Patients feel a vacuum-like suction sensation.
- After a few minutes, the suction sensation will go away. Patients usually feel some numbness.
- Patients can watch TV or read a book while the applicator gradually freezes the fats cell from the problematic region.
- Afterward, you’ll receive a massage to soothe the treated region.
Immediately following the procedure, you’ll feel a tingling sensation. This sensation will feel like a chilled body part warming up. The treated area may feel soreness similar to feelings after a strenuous workout. Some swelling can be expected depending on the region treated. Overall, CoolSculpting doesn’t require a long recovery period.
After CoolSculpting, fat cells break down over a period as long as 4-6 months. Your skin may benefit from increased tightening for up to a year. This means the results from CoolSculpting won’t become apparent immediately. Clinical studies show a 10% to 25% reduction in fat in the targeted region. Patients typically reported a high level of satisfaction after one treatment. Studies show a greater level of patient satisfaction with CoolSculpting than ultrasound or sound wave treatments.
How Much Does CoolSculpting Cost in Los Angeles?
Dr. Aggerwal and his team create a personalized treatment plan for every patient based on what he learns during their private consultation. Every treatment plan is tailored to the individual’s needs, and may include several treatment areas, including areas of the back where stubborn pockets of fat can ooze out between tight and lacy bra straps. Contact us at Self Care LA to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Aggarwal and his team. At the conclusion of your consultation, we will provide you with an accurate cost estimate. Call our offices in Santa Monica and Los Angeles at (310) 856-9583.
Cryolipolysis permanently eliminates a percentage of fat cells in the targeted region. Those cells won’t return. However, it’s important to have realistic expectations. Patients may still experience weight gain in the cells that were not eliminated by CoolSculpting. CoolSculpting will show optimal results when paired with a smart diet and regular exercise.
Only one treatment session to the bra bulge region is necessary to achieve visible and measurable results. However, these results may take months to become apparent. If you don’t see an immediate improvement in the week or two following surgery, don’t rush out to schedule another appointment. The end result won’t be apparent for approximately six months. Some patients may wish to treat multiple areas over time or even have a second treatment session in the same area, but just one session still achieves measurable results.
- Stevens, W. G., Pietrzak, L. K., & Spring, M. A. (2013). Broad Overview of a Clinical and Commercial Experience With CoolSculpting. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 33(6), 835-846. doi:10.1177/1090820×13494757
- American Heart Association Recommendations for Physical Activity in Adults and Kids. (n.d.). Retrieved June 18, 2020, from https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/fitness/fitness-basics/aha-recs-for-physical-activity-in-adults
- Carruthers, J. D., Humphrey, S., & Rivers, J. K. (2017). Cryolipolysis for Reduction of Arm Fat: Safety and Efficacy of a Prototype CoolCup Applicator With Flat Contour. Dermatologic surgery : official publication for American Society for Dermatologic Surgery [et al.], 43(7), 940–949. https://doi.org/10.1097/DSS.0000000000001134
- Harper, M., & Lassetter, J. (2019). Cryolipolysis: A Guide for Primary Care Practitioners. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 15(9), 666-670. doi:10.1016/j.nurpra.2019.07.001
- Ingargiola, M. J., Motakef, S., Chung, M. T., Vasconez, H. C., & Sasaki, G. H. (2015). Cryolipolysis for Fat Reduction and Body Contouring. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 135(6), 1581-1590. doi:10.1097/prs.0000000000001236
- Sadick, N., Luebberding, S., Mai, S. V., & Krueger, N. (2014). Cryolipolysis for noninvasive body contouring: Clinical efficacy and patient satisfaction. Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology, 201. doi:10.2147/ccid.s44371